Blood Orange Gin Sour
- 1/2 blood orange
- 2 sage leaves
- 2 ounces gin (*1 ounce for a less strong drink)
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- Garnish: extra sage leaf
- Add the blood orange and 2 sage leaves to a mason jar (or cocktail shaker) and gently muddle.
- Add the gin, simple syrup, lime juice, and egg white to the mason jar. Shake vigorously (without ice).
- Add ice and shake again until well chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a sage leaf.